Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sparring in Ninjutsu?

I heard there is no sparring in Ninjutsu, I actually did see sparring but in Ninjutsu demonstrations don%26#039;t know if they actually do sparring because it seems so much fun and helpful.|||The reason for no sparring in Bujinkan Ninjtusu is because all the technique, the locks and strikes are aimed at joints and pressure points. So if done aggressively, hard, and fast, it can really send people to the hospitals. I dont think instructors would like to see 3 people in the emergency room every training night.





Trust me those joint locks and pressure point strikes really hurt, and they do work because I have been hit by them expectantly.





But it is possible to spar, I spar with my training buddies all the time at home, we just slow it down a bit.|||they don%26#039;t. It%26#039;s just role playing|||all out full contact some one would go to the hospital. but if you would slow it down then you should be fine.|||I have never taken Ninjutsu but taught one of my students when i was going to college and running a martial arts class. He did in fact claim that they spar in Ninjutsu. When i sparred with him he was very easy to hit and avoid so i am not sure if it was because of a lack of experience or just that i spar so much from being a full contact boxer and kick boxer. Martial Arts all together comes down to individuality for the most part. The only way to ever see a style that is the best would be to constantly have fights between the best in each of the styles. Problem is there are too many people in the world to ever come close to seeing these statistics and some would never come forward to fight. Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment