Monday, May 17, 2010

I have been practicing Ninjutsu for the last 26 years{instructor for 20}?

Is anybody else getting really annoyed at the price most clubs charge for membership, sessions and gradings and kit.


I know I`m going back a bit but it was really cheap when I started.


I still dont charge membership, and my sessions are 拢2.00 pre hour, gradings are also subsidised.{ my classes are always full.


In today%26#039;s Martial climate, its an expensive pass time. I think the pricing should be reviewed by most clubs, in order to get more people interested and not immediatley put off by price.


How much has it cost you so far?..........and what do you think?...|||I agree with you i practice Sooyang-Do a Korean martial art.....


the yearly fee is 拢20 the monthly fee is 拢20 (2 hours a week)


the kit is 拢40 not including body protection head foot or hand protection gear........grading fees are 拢25 (per member of family grading every 3 months) so calculate that up over 4 years for myself and my 2 daughters who train with me....I agree the pricing should be reviewed people hear the cost of the do-bok and just say no :(





Halox your comment is unjust all martial artists practice costantly even after 26 years you still need to remember ALL grade moves from lowest to highest belt you still need to practice all kicks punches defense moves EVERYTHING which goes to prove you know NOTHING of the subject look it up fool (would YOU have the mental agility to remember 100s of moves and do them correctly ????)


sorry to the questioner for hi jacking the question but idiotslike these tick me off !|||Ninjutsu? Isn%26#039;t that the art of weapons? I thought that was a dead art.|||I think you are blowing your own trumpet and could only find this as an excuse to do it. Also if you are still only practising it then do something you are good at. After 26 years and you are still practising, lol. PS It sounds cheap to me.|||I agree with Terry H


The cost%26#039;s have risen re:rent of premises etc and that%26#039;s probably the main crutch why prices have risen dramatically.|||i think your right that clubs should review prices because over the years my kids have asked to do many things and because of the membership costs and then the fee%26#039;s i have never been able to afford letting them do the things they have asked to try. if prices were lower i wouldn%26#039;t have minded letting my kids at least having a try and then if they didn%26#039;t like it at least it wouldn%26#039;t have cost a fortune and if they did like it, it wouldn%26#039;t be to pricey to let them carry on going.|||buy a stun gun. it%26#039;s cheaper. and less strenuous|||Don%26#039;t know about Ninjutsu but my Bushido classes cost me 拢15 per lesson - daylight robbery but a small price to pay for not having over 5 people in the dojo.|||i agree that it is more expensive to train now than even 5 years ago . costs of premises have gone through the roof especially in leisure centres and community centres. everyone in the buisness of renting wants there pound of flesh.i train in kungfu and pay 拢30 per month ,for me ,good value as my Sifu is of very high standard.i think part of the reason is the rise of Mc Dojo,s charging in my area approx拢100-拢300 per month and people are paying for rubbish tuition and worthless grades.|||I have never heard of a class a cheap as yours and I am in Scotland, some halls are dirty and cold, and whos bloody idea was it to %26#039;wear white%26#039; to roll about on the floor every week!? Yes we are being groomed for profit, and the one answer I keep hearing for this is %26#039;insurance %26amp; affiliation%26#039; yet have not ever seen a claim form to make a claim on this insurance. Well done with keeping your prices sensible.|||I pay $80 a month to get 3 lessons a week. So that%26#039;s about $6 bucks a lessons, not bad.|||Never really had to worry about it I rented a room to my daughters instructor and he gave me a special price according to my income. Had to put him out though, he was too irresponsible. But she had good training.|||I pay 拢120 for 8 weeks and I can take as many classes as I want. If I go 3 times a week is approx. 拢5 per class, which is probably the max that I will pay for a class. I still have to buy my own kit plus the grading.|||Konichiwa, Sho kisugi, Hai|||I charge $50.00 dollars per month and I am the cheapest in my area. I can tell you that comercial property rent is getting very high and insurance is very high too. As an owner you got to pay rent, electricity, water, telephone service, insurance, taxes. just like any other business, so unfortunantely you must charge a little more to cover those expenses. I dont rely on my school for a living since I got another job, so i can keep prices down a bit. But I can see while other instructors that just do this for a living probably have to charge more.


by the way the insurance is mostly against lossing your school due to fire or robbery etc. and against getting sued.|||Whatever you say I agree, I%26#039;m not about to argue with 26 years experience in Ninjutsu!


I am %26#039;knackered%26#039; after a vicious bout of paper folding!!|||Mate i congratulate you for not being one of the many money grabbing b**tards out to fleece every fu*king one of us.|||It depends on the club , I only charge 35.00 per month , some students come 5 times a week for that price , with free Dobuk. Others (Kung Fu up the street) charge 800 bucks for 6 months with fees to look at you to see if you are ready to test , then test fees.





The norm in my town is closer to what I charge though. (5 different martial arts here)|||i dont know about any of that, but has anybody seen any orange aeros lately...i take it they dont make em no more

No comments:

Post a Comment