Friday, May 21, 2010

Would getting knocked out help my marital arts training?

Ive been training in Tae Kwon Do and Ninjutsu (Bujinkan) for about 4 years total. I have never been in a street fight and im not the type who starts fights, but ive sparred and grappled alot but ive never been straight up jacked in the face or knocked out. What should i do|||No!!!!!!!!





Getting knocked out wouldn%26#039;t help as it would have a negative effect better to train your mind in positive attitude approach and avoid street situations if you can, but saying that you should try and build a mental toughness attitude just in case,learn from others mistakes not just your own.





Best wishes :)***|||No it wouldn%26#039;t - training hard with good experienced martial artists will help your training.





I%26#039;ve been knocked out 3 times in just over 12 years of training - all three times in competition never in %26quot;class%26quot; or sparring. I can%26#039;t say that getting knocked out helped my martial arts skills in any way. After getting knocked out I could say that I learned something about myself and my drive to keep training to get better, but I can%26#039;t say getting knocked out helped my skills at all.|||As weird as it sounds, one of the black belts in my Bujinkan dojo believes that everyone should get a good hard punch straight in the face at least once. This way, they will realize that it%26#039;s not that bad and that they can fight through it. This will reduce their fear of being hit in the face. So, it would probably help your training a good bit. You don%26#039;t have to be knocked out, but a good solid punch to the face.|||Give it time. I was in Karate for 12 years before I recieved my first knock out. It wasn%26#039;t bad and the pain set in hours later...but keep in mind each time the human head is knocked out you risk a serious injury...including brain damage. Getting knocked out intentionally is only for morons who train for the wrong reasons and think it is cool to brag about it.





I have a friend who has trained and fought in the Sabaki / Eishin Karate system for 29 years. He has never been knocked out yet and he does not want to be. This is a full contact system for those people who have never heard about. In real martial arts if you knockout a student or fellow class member you should feel bad...not good about it as he says...but in competition it happens.





I would recommend you just keep training and if it happens, it happens. If not good for you.|||I agree with one of the others here in that getting your bell rung gives you a better idea of how your body and mind will respond some. I have only been knocked out once and that was when I was sixteen and a guy sucker punched me and broke my nose. That experience and a few others where I was wobbled when fighting gave me the confidence and knowledge to better be able to fight through such things and keep my focus better I think. Sometimes a person who has never been hit hard does not react so well to it since they don%26#039;t have any experience with this and they sometimes fool themselves into thinking that they are hurt more than they really are.





I don%26#039;t think you should purposely try to get knocked out as this experience with will come with time and fighting if you compete or step into the ring. I have been hit as hard in tournaments as in full contact so it will come if you compete any amount.|||getting knocked out will not improve your skills... unless maybe you have a seriously bad fear of getting knocked out and panic when in range of your opponents strikes, in which case maybe you%26#039;d find there isn%26#039;t as much to fear as you thought.





Maybe you should spar with boxing gloves and head gear on so that you can strike each other in the head with more force to get used to getting knocked around harder. I wouldn%26#039;t recommend intentionally getting knocked out tho.|||No. It wouldn%26#039;t help you at all. It would also make you more suseptable to future knockouts.





A KO is a concussion. It can be serious. There was a guy convicted of involuntary manslaughter for a single punch. He punched a guy outside of a bar, with a jab no less, it was icy out, the guy was KO%26#039;d standing up, and hit the ground face first. His friends helped him up and took him home, but his skull had cracked and he had internal bleeding in his brain and never woke up the next day.





Don%26#039;t screw around with it. Sparring is good, trying to get KO%26#039;d is stupid.





If it happens, it happens. But it won%26#039;t make you better.





James|||really don%26#039;t get ko%26#039;d on purpose because then you%26#039;re expecting it and your body reacts different, u teach ur body to flinch instead of react.


the best thing to do is actually put ur gear on and spar off with a decently experienced guy with strong standup and watch what he does and let your body do the learning.|||Getting rocked would help in the sense that you would know what it feels like. Sometimes you can get through getting your bell rung a little bit and recover. Knowing how your body would react to getting rocked would help.|||look at chute box academy , these guys are nuts


and knock each other cold all the time , i guess


it works for them as wanderlai %26#039;%26#039;s recovery time


is the best ive seen|||Getting knocked out is never a good thing. EVER|||no.....

No comments:

Post a Comment