Friday, May 21, 2010

Bujinkan Ninjutsu Dayton Ohio?

I%26#039;m trying to find a place to train in Dayton. I%26#039;m into MMA, but a coworker, a black belt in Bujinkan, showed me some moves that looked really interesting. Could anyone look at these links and tell me if which one might be good?. Thanks.


http://www.daytonbujinkan.com/


http://www.giyudojo.com/


http://www.daytonquestcenter.com/|||great links|||www.daytonquestcenter.com and www.skhquest.com. Those are the best.|||Ok, first of all: HOLY S*** at all three links! I really like the first two schools more from what I see, but all three schools look GREATTTTT! lol





I%26#039;ve never taken Bujinkan (Though I do have knowledge of the style), but I%26#039;m sure your friend is going to agree with me here: You have to be careful if the school in question has no affiliation with the Hombu and Soke Dr. Hatsumi. Having said that, all these links have links to Soke Hatsumi.





One more note: You should really just try to take a class or two , to figure which one has a better feel to you. I can only go by what I%26#039;ve seen from what I%26#039;ve seen from the sites, and what I know about Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu/To Shin Do/Ninpo.





First link:


-Decent prices. The monthly fee is $65.00, with the intial fee in the 100s, which is fine because it includes a uniform and so forth. That fee also isn%26#039;t a contract to bind you in as well, so that%26#039;s good.


-GRAPPLING! There%26#039;s an exclusive class offered in groundfighting. Bujinkan has newaza, but not a complete piece (It depends on the school: There%26#039;s enough in it for it to be effective, but some schools don%26#039;t do it very often), so you would become very well rounded from that school if you were to go to it. I saw some images, and I think that the Bujinkan school in that area actually excels at grappling contests. Looks like some of their students beat some BJJ guys to the punch, which is no easy task.


-There%26#039;s also an entire day dedicated to newaza, and sparring, with a mix of modern day training with the original ways of Bujinkan too. That%26#039;s a very good sign.





Second link-


-Judo is offered.


-It%26#039;s more of %26quot;Kobudo%26quot; than just Bujinkan, so you%26#039;ll learn traditional weaponry, as well an unarmed martial art.


-Check with them about groundfighting if you want that as a component. The judo or unarmed martial art they offer may not have it.


-Reasonable prices.





Third link


-If you want to really focus on it, this style has a lot more belts than the other two schools.


-Dr. Hatsumi awarded Stephen Hayes (The person in charge) with a 10th degree black belt in Bujinkan, so they look to really know the art


- It doesn%26#039;t say much about the type of randori/kumite/sparring, and even less about the techniques, so again if you%26#039;re looking for groundfighting: You%26#039;ll have to ask. Ask about randori/kumite type (Amount of contact, how often, and so forth).





Good luck if you decide to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment