Monday, November 16, 2009

Which style of fighting is more effective in real life: krav maga or ninjutsu?

I trust Israelis more than ninjas so I say Kr av Maga|||Assuming you%26#039;re talking about %26quot;ninjutsu%26quot; as what%26#039;s taught in the Bujinkan/Genbukan/Jinenkan, then I%26#039;ll share my experience.





In my opinion, overall, ninjutsu is more effective. I%26#039;ve done both, and enjoyed both tremendously. Krav Maga tends to downplay the %26quot;why%26quot; of the way things work. You%26#039;ll work on throwing the punch, striking, and doing it repeatedly, but not so much what makes strikes powerful. You tend to learn responses to situations.





In ninjutsu, there%26#039;s a focus more on making your responses natural, and allowing you to respond more fluidly to attacks. There%26#039;s a lot of very good, very sound principles. Becoming a capable martial artist in it really means letting go and learning how far to move to be just out of range of attack.





Simply, there%26#039;s far more to learn from ninjutsu.





Keep in mind, this was my experience, and I happened to find ninjutsu more effective. I%26#039;m not saying that it would be the case for everyone. If you dedicate yourself to one over the other, that will make it the more effective style for you.|||There is both good and bad here but will add my two cents as an instructor and teacher.





I do not terach either style but have some familiarity with each.





On a general basis for personal protection in real life I would go with Krav Maga. Reasons being it is a currently used system for law enforcement that evolves with the times. It has made the shift from fighting with certain styles and weapons to those that are used currently.|||Darn good question, one for which there really is no answer, some of the ninjutsu data is historical, where as data on Krav Maga is ongoing, as long as there is war.





I really don%26#039;t know much about ninjutsu, in Krav Maga we have breaks and locks, many of which come from other arts. In my class I am starting to use Muay Thai roundhouse kick as opposed to the traditonal savate roundhouse kick we started with. In Krav Maga our primary strikes from Boxing as do our primary stances. For me this works better than the strikes from the Asian arts, I am of European descent and mechanically they work better for me.





Much of what we use in combat arts, we take from other arts and make our own. My only personal testimony is that I had 10 years of close quarters battle, some of it hand to hand and quiet and I am still alive, all 5%26#039;6%26quot; 145 lbs of me.





There are so many arts, I teach Krav Maga and study Combat Sambo, which is also a decendent of many arts, with a basis in judo, aikijujutsu, hapkido and pieces of other arts from the Far East to Europe.





Much of what you asked depends on the practioner, how much the individual wants to survive, I say survive because that is what a combat art is about, survival, not points.





Good luck in your quest to find this answer.|||It is the person not the style. This is why only the best people are picked to be in any best of the best org.





You could have a great street fighter beat someone that knew krav maga or ninjutsu. So then is streetfighting a better style?





If you are good then you are good and whatever you learn will be effective. It is all about being able to adapt and a adapt on the fly. Some people have it some people don%26#039;t.|||A question without a good answer. The classic what stile of fighting is superior in a given situation. It is the fighter and how they train.


Often the question revolves around arts that are esoteric as well. So there are few if any experts to reply.


So I have to say in my experience it is the fighter not the art that most often prevails. Of course not to offend anyone I think there are some arts out there that are pure bunk so I will refrain from mentioning them.|||Depends on how good the person is with the particular art.





But. If you knew nothing about fighting, Krav would get you where you wanted to be, training wise - quicker than the other. Its designed to be simple, easy to learn and brutally effective.|||You will ultimately decide which is more effective by training hard and making it part of your life. Go watch a couple of classes and see what grabs you (pun intended)


Good Luck|||go with krav maga, it is designed for real life situations, how many ninjas do u see walking around|||ninjitsu is gay. krav maga is badass|||Ninja Wins !|||The one your better at.

No comments:

Post a Comment