Saturday, November 14, 2009

Does anybody else in here study Ninjutsu?

Is anybody else a student of Bujinkaan Budo Taijutsu, more commonly known as Ninjutsu? If so, which dojo? (Country, State, City)





Do you study anything beyond normal taijutsu in your classes? If so, what?





Are there any students from Japanese dojos in here?





Thanks and GOD bless!!!|||Yes i study BBT. my Shihan%26#039;s direct teacher is Hatsumi sensei and 3 or 4 of the Japanese Shihan. He goes 2 to 3 times a year to Japan, for 3 weeks each visit.





we study mostly taijutsu, but after 2 hours we have a tea break and study weapons for the last half an hour. though sometimes it%26#039;s only weapons, or only taijutsu. in most cases, we would study some taijutsu, and then apply it to certain weapons (as in the same techniques or ideals, but using weapons).





nwohioguy: again you use SKH as a reference to your link to Hatsumi%26#039;s Budo. SKH is not a member of the Bujinkan. Also he was the first NEO-NINJER. you can thank him for why you hate the way it went.|||just so you know, that wasn%26#039;t an intended stab at SKH, more nwohioguy for using him as a reference to BTT, which has changed substantially since those days. I have a lot of respect for SKH, after all he is a pioneer in many ways. Report Abuse
|||I trained in the mid 80%26#039;s with Stephen Hayes in Dayton, Ohio before his dojo became the Quest Center. I stopped training in 1989 when they all of sudden began promoting people to 12 and 15 dan. As a traditional Karate student I thought this was very unreputable and a media ploy. Other reasons I stopped was the costs involved that went from $25 for a weekend seminar to over $200! I sat by and watched the commercialization of Ninjutsu with disgust in my heart because I truly enjoyed learning the Togakure Ryu systems and Shidoin Hayes was a great teacher. The lost control of the system when it grew too fast. The neat thing was it only took about a year and a half to get a shodan because the majority of the techniques were application based. It was a great time to study ninjutstu because it was pure at that time but in 1990%26#039;s it went towards selling out so I left.|||Yes, in Scotland.





The current group that i train with don%26#039;t really go beyond dojo taijutsu but the first instructor i trained with encouraged more %26#039;adventurous and explorative%26#039; training so I do it on my own. I thoroughly enjoy it, even if it is a bit cliched to be running about the forest in a black suit - its fantastic fun!! Ha! On a more technical aspect I find it helps my taijutsu in the dojo as you gain a different perspective on your training.





Happy training!





Ninpo ikkan|||I did self study when I was 9 years old. I bought Stephen Hayes%26#039; book and attempted to climb a tree-i broke my arm, and that was pretty much the end of my ninja career.|||yes, but I quit after two months because I couldn%26#039;t stand the teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment